Monday, September 19, 2011

Week 7 down... almost 1/2 way there!!

Finished out last week without too much excitement. Got in 6 miles ez on Thursday, 8.5 miles on Friday and then a long run of 16.5mi on Saturday. Unfortunately on my easy run on Friday evening, something happened with my right calf and I seemed to have strained something in it. At that point it wasn''t clear whether I was going to be able to run on Saturday or not. It was definitely a painful experience for the first 70 or 80 minutes of the run on Saturday but finally the pain faded. It was still sore and tight through today, but it seems to be coming around.
I ended up doing the long run on my own around the city on Saturday. There was way too much concrete on that run and it beat me up pretty good. Next weekend I think I'll be looking for a gravel trail again somewhere.
Sunday finished out with an easy 5.5 mile run in the evening putting me at 69.25 miles for the week. 7 weeks in the books at an average of right around 67.5 miles per week. Can't wait to turn the corner this week and make it thru the halfway mark of training. A lot of Fall marathons are quickly approaching and I'm getting excited to see how everyone's training pays off as they race throughout the country at Twin Cities, Chicago, New York and other races. For those of you beginning your taper now... ENJOY IT! I'm very envious!

No comments:

Post a Comment