Sunday, September 25, 2011

Biggest Week in Years!

Week 8 is in the books! Had an easy end to the week after a couple of super tough workouts in the beginning. After Wednesday night's big track session I took it easy on Thurs and Fri, putting in 8 miles and 9.5 miles (double) respectively. Saturday morning I was up early and out the door by 8am for the long run. Basically did a huge tour of the city (incl. a lap of Cheeseman and 2 of Wash park) to get in 18.5 miles. Surprisingly, I felt really good throughout with no major issues to worry about... although Chafing was definitely a factor for a awhile there, and that is definitely not comfortable.
On the run I took in a GU and about 12oz of Gatorade. Felt fresh all the way thru. Wanted to do more of a pick-up near the end but only managed about the last 2 miles at 6:40-ish pace. Overall, 'Map my Run' tells me I went about 7:18 pace. Right about where I was shooting for (7:22).
Today was an easy 5.5 miles this morning made significantly harder due to a night out with the boys on Saturday. I swear, I am definitely getting old b/c nights like that, that never used to effect me, now put the hurt on me the next day. Ahhh well, that's the price you pay I guess.
All said and done, I hit just over 75miles this week. My biggest week of running in almost 10 years!! Things are feeling good. I have now run for 56 days straight putting in over 60 hours and 550 miles of training. Counting the days until the Denver 1/2 on 10/9 and then the homestretch into the big day in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment