Tuesday, September 6, 2011

1/3 Of The Way Through!!

Wrapped up my 5th week of the 15 week training plan on Sunday!! My last update was on Wednesday after the track workout. I'm happy to report that the rest of the week went by without any major events. I focused on trying to recover from the weeks earlier hard workouts and trying to be as good to my Piriformis as possible. Mileage went as follows:
Thursday: 5.25 miles ez
Friday: 8.25 miles (double)
Saturday: 13.5 miles ez
Sunday: 5.00 miles
Total week: 65.25 miles

My buddy Craig was doing 18 miles easy on Saturday, so the highlight of the end of the week was running with him on Saturday morning and actually having someone to talk to on a run for a change! Headed into Monday's race, the Aetna Park-to-Park 10-miler, I was feeling good (if only a bit unrested), but I'll write more on that shortly... for now, 10 weeks to go of training. The coming week is my final week in Phase II and then all Hell will break loose as the toughest, and most intimidating 6-week phase begins: Phase III.

No comments:

Post a Comment