Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Mile Repeats

Week 8 SOS Track workout last night...

3 x 1600m @ 5:20 pace w/ 600m jog recovery
Conditions: ~50 deg F, light wind, dark
5:19
5:23
5:23
avg: 5:21 pace 
(w/~4min jog recovery)

Perfect night for a track workout last night. Wasn't sure how it'd go trying to hold such a quick pace for full mile intervals, but it turned out pretty well. In fact, I think that this workout was my best track workout since moving to Denver (and the altitude)! The best part about it was that I felt smooth and controlled throughout. While I was definitely pushing pretty good to maintain pace, it was not my top gear and I was impressed that even in the dark, without checking splits, I was able to maintain such good pacing. 

One more week of speedwork (6 x 800m) and then it's on to the 'Strength' portion of the program! If you're reading this and you also had a workout, I hope it went as well for you! Happy Training! 

No comments:

Post a Comment